Process of Chanting
- Before buying a new japa mala or chanting first time on your new beads, please check the number of beads, it should be 108 excluding the sumeru bead (the one with threads coming out of it).
- After putting your right hand in the bead bag, take your index finger out of the small hole provided in the bag or if you don't have a bead bag, keep the index finger apart so that it does not touch the mala while chanting as shown in the left.
- Hold the beads between the thumb and the middle finger of your right hand.
- Before starting each Mala always chant this mantra once "Jay Sri Kishna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita Gadadhar, Sri Vasadi Gaura-Bhakta-Vrinda."
- Begin chanting the full Mahamantra on the first bead (bead next to sumeru). Then on the Second bead, third bead and in the same way keep chanting full mahamantra on all beads.
- Move the beads in the direction towards yourself.
- On completion of one round, repeat the process for another round, start from the bead where you completed the previous round. The last bead of the previous round becomes the first bead of the next round. Don't cross the sumeru bead.
- IMP: LISTEN ATTENTIVELY TO EVERY WORD OF THE MAHAMANTRA.
According to Kali Santran Upnishad (Scripture that liberates in Kaliyuga), only The “Hare Krishna Mahamantra” is valid for a Successful, Happy and Peaceful life in this age of Kali.
“Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare”
and be happy.